Senior Marketing Manager
Since 1979, San Francisco Performances has been a pioneer in the Bay Area by introducing hundreds of classical music, jazz and contemporary dance artists to audiences. With a strong artistic vision, San Francisco Performances presents the world’s finest in music and dance, connecting audiences with artists in intimate settings.
The Senior Marketing Manager is an action-oriented position that plays an integral role in San Francisco Performances’ marketing plans aimed at maximizing revenue for single tickets and subscriptions, as well as branding and positioning. The Senior Marketing Manager activates a variety of sales and advertising channels to meet these goals on strategic and tactical levels. Primary responsibilities include coordination and execution of plans, as well as marketing production management. The Senior Marketing Manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing and has no direct reports.
Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinates, plans and executes year-round marketing campaigns for single ticket sales and subscriptions. Manages the media mix, email communications, advertising, point of sale, venue signage, direct mail, retention programs and pricing. Oversees production management and proofing process.
- Develops multi-channel messaging, including copywriting and content direction for direct mail, emails, website, events, audience services talking points, social media, etc.
- Contributes to social media content development and creation. Schedules posts.
- Write and manage all online calendar listings for events.
- Drafts press releases. Responds to media requests.
- Rotates concert duty and promotional duties with other marketing personnel for approximately 15-20 nights or weekends per year.
- Builds extractions and lists for segmented and targeted patron communications.
- Serves as co-convener on the internal cross-departmental Tessitura working group.
In conjunction with the Director of Marketing
- Supports generating annual expense/revenue budgets for the season while monitoring expenses.
- Develops and tests strategies to connect with new and emerging audiences.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required, as well as working knowledge of the Tessitura CRM.
- Strong writing, editing, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Clear understanding of and experience applying marketing and communications strategy concepts, tools, and approaches for both internal and external audiences.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in managing small and large projects with multiple internal and external partners, as well as experience in facilitating the work of multiple colleagues and projects.
- Must be highly self-motivated, personally & professionally resilient, and capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
$67,000–72,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please email a resume and a personalized cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include in the subject line: Senior Marketing Manager).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.