San Francisco Performances offers a team environment with a permanent, full-time staff of twelve assisted by consultants in the areas of fundraising and specific projects and events.
Organization: San Francisco Performances, founded in 1979, is the city's premier presenter of chamber music, instrumental and vocal recitals, jazz and contemporary dance. The mission of the organization is to present internationally acclaimed and emerging artists and to build new audiences for the arts through education activities and innovative artists-in-residence programs.
Position Summary: The Development Assistant position is a full-time, support position reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the members of the San Francisco Performances Development team, including the President, the Development Manager, and the development consultant for Institutional Gifts.
Requirements: The Development Assistant must have at least 2-3 years of experience in an administrative support role and must demonstrate a keen attention to detail and accuracy, especially with numbers. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and database management is required. Applicants with Tessitura experience are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should be able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, and must represent San Francisco Performances to the public with diplomacy and professionalism at all times both on the phone and in person. A knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts is ideal. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
A resume and cover letter will be required to be considered for this position.
DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DONOR RELATIONSHIPS AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
Serve as first point of contact to donors and oversee the administration of donor benefits.
- Oversee and execute all processes relating to gifts/pledge receipts including entering gifts in donor database (Tessitura), timely (at least 3 times a week) acknowledgement of gifts and maintaining donor files;
- Administer donor benefits including fulfilling and tracking 2 for 1 vouchers, complimentary ticketing requests, insuring accurate sponsor crediting; and insuring eligible donors receive appropriate event invitations;
- Serve as first point of contact to donors, answering donor hotline, fielding donor questions concerning benefits and events, and welcoming guests at event check-in. Offer superior level customer service for ticketing and donations for major donors;
- Responsible for program book donor listings: generate donor listings, coordinate with development consultant to ensure deadlines are met;
- Assist Development Manager with 2 annual mailing campaigns;
- Coordinate with finance department regarding record keeping, audit preparation and reconciliations;
- Ensure donor related information on SFP website is accurate and up to date;
- Assist with Annual Artists Fund and Subscription solicitations, including direct mail and telefunding campaigns.
INSTITUTIONAL GIVING EFFORTS
Work with Development staff to manage relationships with institutional donors.
- Prepare and mail proposals/LOIs etc.;
- Maintain institution donor records and files;
- Prepare payment invoices for funders.
Assist Director of Development and the Development Manager with the implementation of all events including donor receptions, cultivation events and the annual gala.
- Assist with creation of invitations;
- Help coordinate production and printing of invitations;
- Assist with vendors such as caterers, florists, musicians, and others; including the coordinating of delivery and pick up of event items;
- Assist with maintaining archival records of gala materials and other event materials.
- Answer phones as needed to assist subscribers with ticket purchases/exchanges;
- Participate in and contribute to periodic development planning meetings;
- Other duties as needed, as assigned by the Director of Development.
Salary: Salary Range $40,000 to $43,000 DOE. Full Medical and Dental Benefits.
Please send resume with cover letter (email preferred):
email@example.com (Subject line: Development Assistant Position)
San Francisco Performances
500 Sutter Street, Suite 710
San Francisco, CA 94102
No phone calls.
San Francisco Performances accepts internship applications year-round from undergraduates, recent graduates and graduate students. Projects are based on the intern’s interests and skill set. Knowledge of the performing arts is helpful, but not absolutely necessary. Internships are unpaid and weekly hours are determined according to intern’s and SFP’s schedules.
To be reviewed for an internship position send a cover letter and resume to:
San Francisco Performances
Mail: 500 Sutter, Suite 710
San Francisco, CA 94102
San Francisco Performances is looking for dedicated volunteers to work on administrative tasks and usher at select performances. Duties in each of the areas include, but are not limited, to the following:
Presenting performances requires an enormous amount of behind-the-scenes work. Without the help of administrative volunteers, San Francisco Performances would not be able to present such an extensive season. We are looking for on-call volunteers to help with such activities as mailings, internet research, filing, organizational assistance and data entry.
San Francisco Performances wants to ensure that performances are enjoyable and stress-free for all audience members. In order to do so, we rely on the help of informed and friendly ushers. Usher’s duties would include ticket-taking, seat assistance, handing out programs, collecting and passing out surveys, and sometimes assisting with post-performance events (guest check-in, pouring champagne, washing glasses, cleaning up, etc.).
Special Event Aide
We are looking for volunteers on an as-needed basis to help out at special programs throughout the year. Events may include educational and community events as well as our annual gala. Tasks and times vary greatly depending on the event.
In return for their valuable help, volunteers are given tickets to select performances and recognized in other ways throughout the year.
*To view the registration form, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader (available as a free download from Adobe).