Thursday, March 17, 2020
Contact: Nancy Bertossa
(415) 677-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
San Francisco Performances Announces the Cancellation/Postponement of the Remainder of the 40th Anniversary Season
Previously Announced Cancellations
- Pavel Haas Quartet/Boris Giltburg, March 10, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Tabea Zimmermann/Javier Perianes, March 27, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Jerusalem Quartet, March 28, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
Remainder of the Season Cancellations
- KDFC Salon: Edward Simon/Marco Granados, April 15, 2020, 6:30pm, Education Studio at the War Memorial Veterans Building
- Mark Padmore, tenor/Marc-André Hamlin, piano, April 27, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Mark Padmore, tenor, April 29, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Benjamin Appl, baritone/James Baillieu, piano, May 6, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Gift Concert—Date had not been announced
Previously Announced Postponements (New Dates TBD)
- Bill Kanengiser/Alexander String Quartet, March 7, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Alexander String Quartet/Robert Greenberg, March 21, 10:00am, Herbst Theatre
- David Russell, Guitar, March 21, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Sir András Schiff, Piano, March 26, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- Garrick Ohlsson, Piano, March 31, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
Remainder of the Season Postponements (New Dates TBD)
- Marc-André Hamelin, piano, April 23, 2020, 7:30pm, Herbst Theatre
- 40th Anniversary Family Day of Performance, April 26, 2020, 1-5pm, War Memorial Veterans Building
- 40th Anniversary Concert, April 26, 2020, 7pm, Herbst Theatre
- Alexander String Quartet/Robert Greenberg, May 16, 10:00am, Herbst Theatre
SAN FRANCISCO, CA—March 17, 2020—STATUS UPDATE—In the ongoing effort to ensure the health and safety of the community and in compliance with updated city, state and national guidelines to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, San Francisco Performances’ (SFP) President Melanie Smith is announcing today the cancellation/postponement of the remainder of the 40th Anniversary season. Those concerts cancelled in total due to COVID-19 precautions consist of eight concerts. Those concerts that SFP will look to re-schedule consist of nine, with a total of 17 concerts affected in the 40th Anniversary season by the outbreak of COVID-19.
“One week ago the idea of canceling the remainder of our 40th Anniversary season seemed unimaginable, but it is now evident that not only must we cancel, but it is vitally important to do so given the directives of global health experts. We are not alone in the extreme measures being taken to reduce the spread of the COVIC-19 virus. As many are saying—we will get through this and while this is a challenging situation, we know it is only temporary. We look forward to all of us—artists and audiences—making a joyful return to a shared, live arts experience as soon as possible.” —Melanie Smith, SFP President
The following SFP engagements have been CANCELED and patrons with tickets are being contacted via phone and email:
- Pavel Haas Quartet/Boris Giltburg (March 10)
- Tabea Zimmermann/Javier Perianes (March 27)
- Jerusalem Quartet (March 28)
- KDFC Salon: Edward Simon/Marco Granados (April 15)
- Mark Padmore/Marc-André Hamlin (April 27)
- Benjamin Appl/James Baillieu (May 6)
- Gift Concert (Date had not been announced)
The following SFP engagements have been POSTPONED with no rescheduled dates yet available and patrons with tickets are being contacted via phone and email:
- Bill Kanengiser/Alexander String Quartet (March 7)
- David Russell (March 21)
- Alexander String Quartet/Robert Greenberg (March 21)
- Sir András Schiff (March 26)
- Garrick Ohlsson (March 31)
- Marc-André Hamelin (April 23)
- 40th Anniversary Family Day of Performance (free afternoon) (April 26)
- 40th Anniversary Concert (April 26)
- Alexander String Quartet/Robert Greenberg (May 16)
SFP patrons who hold tickets to either a CANCELLED or a POSTPONED event have these options:
- Apply the value of the tickets towards a subscription or single performance in the 2020-21 season.
- Donate the tickets to San Francisco Performances.
- Apply the value of the tickets towards a gift certificate.
- Request a refund.
PPatrons who hold tickets to a POSTPONED event will be contacted with the rescheduled date. Please note it could be several months before reschedule dates are announced. If patrons wish to attend the rescheduled event, no action will be required and they will retain their same seat location. If they do not wish to attend the new date, they have the choice of one of the four above options.
Patrons may contact SFP regarding their chosen option:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: (415) 677-0325 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am–5:30pm)
NOTE: The SFP staff are working remotely as of Tuesday, March 17. Follow ups to patron email and phone inquiries will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Contact Nancy Bertossa at firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #