About San Francisco Performances Education Programs
San Francisco Performances Arts Education Programs strive to increase awareness and participation in the arts. Working with artists, schools, and community organizations, San Francisco Performances brings internationally acclaimed artists to new settings and audiences of all ages throughout the Bay Area.
Through successful partnerships with artists, Bay Area schools, and community organizations, SF Performances has established one of the most recognized and respected performing arts education programs in the country. Anchored by the artist residency program, which places important emerging artists in classroom settings and community workshops, SF Performances’ arts education projects help expose new audiences, young and old, to many of the great artists of our time.
- Open students' minds to the beauty and power of music and dance, challenging them to hear, see and think in different ways;
- Allow young people in underserved communities to experience the joys and excitement of music and dance;
- Enhance understanding and appreciation of the performing arts;
- Keep the performing arts accessible, through low-cost and free programs; and
- Enhance the professional development of educators and emerging artists.
Supporting Arts Education
These activities are supported by foundations, corporations and individual donors.
Support arts education by becoming a member of SF Performances.
Many of our education programs require more than our staff alone can accommodate. Find out how to become a volunteer.
For more information on any of our education events or to sign up for our Education email newsletter, please contact the Education Department: firstname.lastname@example.org 415.398.6449.